Do you love teriyaki beef? Or just teriyaki in general for that matter? If the answer is yes then you will absolutely love this recipe.
I got the recipe from here and thought that I would give it a go. It’s really easy to make but quite a lot of ingredients are involved.
You will need:
For the Salmon:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (5cm) piece of ginger, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sake or white wine
- 3 tablespoon sugar (preferrably brown sugar but caster is also fine)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil (vegetable or olive oil is also fine)
- 1 knob of butter
For the Stir fry noodles:
- 2 tablespoon of groundnut oil (vegetable or olive oil is also fine)
- 350g of egg noodles
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (I know this seems like quite a lot but it’s not too garlicky, I promise)
- 1 (4cm) piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 4-5 pieces of closed cup mushroom, sliced
- Soy sauce, to taste
Plan this an hour and a half ahead as the salmon needs to be marinaded for at least an hour
Approximately 20 minutes cooking time in total
Mix the garlic, ginger, sugar, sake, soy sauce, groundnut oil and butter together and pour over the salmon. Leave on a plate for an hour and cover with cling film if necessary.
Boil a saucepan of water and put your noodles in for approx 8 minutes. Check the packet to see how long they recommend cooking for. It doesn’t matter if they are slightly al dente as you will put them back in the pan to cook with the other vegetable before you serve. Whilst the noodles are cooking get a frying pan and heat 1tbsp of oil on a medium to high heat. Once the pan is hot add the salmon skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes depending on the thickness. Turn over and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side and then take out of the frying pan and leave to rest. Add the rest of the marinade to the frying pan and cook until it thickens.
Put a tbsp of oil in another pan and saute the garlic and ginger on a medium heat. Then add the onions and cook until they are soft and translucent.
Then add the mushrooms and peppers and cook until al dente. Put the noodles in with the vegetables and add soy sauce to taste. Remember that you are using the marinade as well though so you won’t need too much.
Serve on a plate. Put the salmon fillets on top of the noodles and vegetables and then pour over the marinade. Enjoy.